Wednesday, June 14, 2017

print mixing / stripes & florals




Happy hump day!  Today is my birthday and the day we finally move into our new house in Greenville, SC!!  We've been staying in a hotel for 10 days and are definitely at the point where we can't wait to move in!  In the meantime, we've been enjoying exploring our new city, especially trying out new restaurants (including a donut shop called The Donut Experiment).  We already have a couple of favourite spots, including Adams Bistro.  I packed a bunch of clothes/outfits, but have been basically living in a t-shirt and rotating 4 pairs of shorts.  I've also been living in my Adidas slides (which I paired with this romper before on the blog) since we've been doing a lot of walking.

But before we left Myrtle Beach, I had ordered these amazing ZARA Tied Jute Platform Wedges.  I normally do not find espadrilles comfortable but these are very comfortable.  I love the lace-up straps.  (Tip: I'm normally a 5.5/6 and the 5 fit perfectly.  The size 6 was too big.)  I first styled these wedge sandals with a denim on denim outfit, but then saw this Spell romper hanging and immediately changed my mind.  I love mixing prints.  Because both the floral romper and striped sandals are blue and white, I knew they would be the perfect match.  Keeping prints in the same colour family is the easiest way to mix prints.  Also, the subtle stripes do not compete with the bold floral print.  Stripes are also the safest print to mix with, IMO.

Happy print mixing!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment