Wednesday, February 19, 2014

schoolgirl

 
{sweatshirt: Zoe Karssen; blouse: Madewell; skirt: Free People (sold out, obsessed with this skirt);
boots: MICHAEL Michael Kors; hat: Guess (old); sunglasses: Prada}
 
Anytime I wear a plaid skirt of any kind, it reminds me of high school.  We had to wear a uniform, which included a green kilt.  I remember there were rules on how short the kilt could be but, of course, all the girls would fold their kilts to make them shorter.  But we wore shorts underneath.  Well, most of us.  I still have my kilt actually and even wore it for Halloween one time.  (No, not as the “slutty schoolgirl”, just a regular schoolgirl.)  I’ve been seeing this Crème de la Crème sweatshirt again in the blogosphere (it’s back in stock!) and seeing it paired with full skirts, which I love.  (I had previously paired it with this plaid Topshop dress - see here.)  Unfortunately, I had to swap out the sweatshirt for a plain black sweater to make it work appropriate.  But it's fun to play dress up.  I might even see if I still fit into my old kilt.

Other plaid skirts I love:

Coach Black and White Plaid Slouchy Wrap Skirt
Karl Lagerfeld Veronica Tartan Wool Mini Skirt

1 comment:

  1. love this look, especially the sweater :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete