Saturday, February 22, 2014

sunshine & snowflakes

 


hat: Juicy Couture (in-store, sold out online); bracelet: BCBG (similar); sunglasses: Prada}

I'm really into yellow right now, which is not a colour I thought I would be obsessing over.  It's not an easy colour to wear, but if you can pull it off, it sure brightens up a gloomy day!  One way of breaking up the yellow if it's too harsh against your skin is by, for example, wearing a blouse underneath this sweater.  I find wearing difficult colours easiest by wearing them on the bottom i.e., a skirt (see here), or pair of pants.  (I just ordered these Zara ones.  I'm also contemplating getting this Zara coat.  I tried this one on too, but unfortunately it doesn't come in XS so it was too overwhelming on me.)  Another easy way of bringing the colour into your wardrobe is a pair of shoes (obsessing over this Valentino Rockstud Leather Simple Pump and these Maison Martin Margiela Cutout d'Orsay Heels), or a handbag (love this Milly Rich Jacquard Shoulder Bag).  Yellow looks great with other bright colours or neutrals for a more toned-down look.  I decided to mix it up with some wine colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment