Thursday, December 18, 2014

per(faux)rated




{skirt: Free People; sweater: Nasty Gal; booties: MICHAEL Michael Kors;
fedora: Urban Outfitters; sunglasses: Prada}

I bought this white skirt from Club Monaco a little while ago, which I loved, but it's wool and I was worried about the maintenance, so I sadly returned it.  So the search continued for a winter white skirt.  (I buy one every few years and the one I had desperately needed to be replaced.)  I was so happy I came across this one on the Free People site because it's faux leather and low maintenance.  It's perforated, which adds a cool texture.  It sits a bit high (on me) so either I have to tuck a top in, or pair it with something cropped.  My first thought was to tuck in a black sweater, but I was not feeling the tucked-in look (maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've been sick all week) so I went with this cozy Nasty Gal cropped turtleneck.  I was wishing I had a black cropped sweater, but I like how the grey softens up the look.  (However, I will be picking up this MINKPINK sweater for next time, just in case it doesn't feel like a tuck-in kind-of-day again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment