Monday, August 10, 2015

denim on denim and a burger joint








I was in the mood for a (veggie) burger and fries, so we tried out River City Cafe and O.M.G. their burgers are amazing.  Messy with loads of flavour, I inhaled my burger (and fries).  The atmosphere is fun and colourful too.



After dinner we stopped for ice cream (as per usual).  Kirk's 1890 Ice Cream Parlor has amazing ice cream flavours.  (Ice cream not shown because I inhaled that too.)

{top: Marc by Marc Jacobs (old, love this one); shorts: One Teaspoon;
ring: Free People (love these); bracelet: Coach; necklace: Guess; shoes: ASOS (similar in black);
bag: Urban Outfitters; sunglasses: Prada}

When dressing for a burger joint I immediately thought casual, which led me to denim on denim.  I have been eyeing this Marc by Marc Jacobs tee in my closet since we moved because I now have a walk-in closet and can see everything I own, but usually end up wearing a tank because it's so hot out.  But because we were eating close to the water I thought I would be OK.  (I wasn't, I was sweating to death.)  I'm trying really hard to pull pieces out of my closet that I have not worn in a while.  I was so close to buying an almost-identical denim tee from Madewell (link above) that made me rethink my life choices when I remembered that I HAVE YET TO WEAR THAT DENIM TEE IN MY CLOSET.  Lesson learned: one should not buy a denim tee when one already has a denim tee in their closet that they barely wear.  Because that tee will probably get worn only once or twice too.  So even though I ended up sweating to death, I'm glad I finally wore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment