Tuesday, October 22, 2013

oversized

boots: MICHAEL Michael Kors (in-store, similar); necklace: Mendocino (in-store)}

I mentioned here that I was all over cozy sweaters for fall, but the weather has been fairly mild.  Now that it's starting to get chillier, I thought it was time to get down to business.  Although I was on the hunt for the perfect black cable knit sweater (with or without a turtleneck), I wanted to find something special, like a really bright sweater.  When I couldn't find what I was looking for, I went to REVOLVEclothing.com, which is where you could pretty much find anything you're looking for and at various price points.  I found 3 sweaters in less than half an hour that I fell in love with.  This Textile Elizabeth and James plaid sweatshirt, a beautifully embellished white sweater that I will be wearing later this week, and the amazing cobalt oversized sweater pictured above.  Cobalt is such a pretty colour to wear, especially with dark hair.  I paired the sweater with these great black GAP jeans so that the colour would stand out even more.

The other reason why I was looking for sweaters with a special touch is because we are raising money for United Way this week and are able to wear jeans to work with a donation.  And since I need to wear simple, appropriate jeans to work, I thought I would make my sweaters the focus of my outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment