Saturday, September 6, 2014

high/low


{bag: Prada (in-store, larger version here, adore the mini version); 
nail polish: Deborah Lippmann 'Waking Up in Vegas' (love this sparkly one);
top, rings: Free People; shorts: GAP (old, similar here); sandals: ASOS}

My son started SK, karate and hip hop classes this week.  Needless to say it's been hectic.  It was also an extremely hot week and I was not in the mood for it.  So I've been a bit quiet in the blogging/Instagram world.  Last weekend, however, I had some shopping to do.  I won a $500 Holt Renfrew gift card from an Instagram contest months ago and I had yet to spend it.  I wanted to buy something so that I would always remember that.  Walking into Holt Renfrew I did not plan on walking out with a Prada.  I thought I would buy another pair of Valentino flats (the more simpler ballet version), or a pair of Chanel flats that I've always wanted.  But nothing screamed 'take me home' more than this beautiful Prada bag.  The size, the colour, everything about it is perfect.  It is definitely a splurge, but speaking with the saleswoman I realized I hadn't splurged on a bag since I bought my Louis Vuitton 9 years ago, which I used for 4-5 years.  (These are the types of excuses that I use anyway when I tell my husband I need a new ______.)

I do balance things, however, by shopping at ASOS (these sandals are under $45!) and Free People (these rings, which come in a pack of 4, are $14!)  Again, another way of convincing my husband.  I pretty much just get an eye roll at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment