Thursday, January 7, 2016

color crash course: clover

 
 
 
{Tularosa x Revolve Violet Faux Shag Coat;
jeans: GAP (similar); tee: Wilfred (love this and this one);
boots: MICHAEL Michael Kors (other versions here);
hat: Brixton; sunglasses: Prada}

The first thing I did when I moved to Myrtle Beach was set up my magazine subscriptions: InStyle, Glamour, Marie Claire and Elle.  But I must admit they had been piling up.  Maybe with Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. I feel I get enough inspiration, but I finally decided to go through them.  I was flipping through the October issue of InStyle (I told you they were piling up) and came across one of my favourite sections: Color Crash Course.  I've been inspired so many times to try new colour combinations and, of course, they always work.  I had been thinking of how to style this gorgeous green coat I had just bought, so I was so excited to see the colour featured and decided to pair it with 'steel' head to toe and I love the combo!


{InStyle, October 2015}

So although Instagram is filled with #inspo everywhere, nothing quite beats a good ole fashion magazine.  I won't be letting them pile up again.

3 comments:

  1. great outfit! love the jacket =)
    -m.yang
    http://www.looksbymc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your coat and I agree, I too enjoy getting inspo from magazines. There's something different about them verses Pinterest, Insta or FB.

    Stay Styled,

    Lindsey

    IG: stay_styled
    Blog: http://staystyledblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat looks so warm and cozy while being very chic at the same time. Love it -Maireem

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete