Tuesday, March 14, 2017

denim & ruffles



Anthropologie Tee (similar here and tank version here);
Prada Sunglasses (also here)}

This time change is ruining my life.  And this weather is not making things better.  I mostly feel bad for the people who came here this week for March Break, probably booking their trip when they saw the temps were in the 70s/80s for the past few weeks.  Now it's barely reaching 60 degrees.  And it's been raining.  I'm bummed myself because I sorted through all of the spring/summer items I bought during the shopbop sale (some of the items I kept surprised me, I returned some items that I thought I would love, bummed some items did not work, in the end I blew my entire budget ha) and cannot wait to start wearing them!  (If you missed the sale, I think they have a similar sale coming up end of March.)

These pictures were taken a couple of weekends ago when we were coming back from a festival for the kiddies.  I bought this MSGM denim jacket back in January at Farfetch and finally pulled it out!  I'm not a huge jacket person because I always feel restricted with sleeves (weird, I know) so when I saw this jacket, I knew it was meant for me.  This is my first MSGM piece and I am now a huge fan!  When I find a designer piece I love and want to buy, I always check Farfetch first as you can usually get it a bit cheaper because they source many boutiques from around the world.  (You can check out more MSGM pieces here.  I love these ruffle trim shorts, these ruffle trimmed cropped jeans and this ruffled gingham check top.)  This is not an ad, ha.

I've been wanting to wear this MSGM denim jacket with a striped turtleneck and black jeans, but it was always a bit too warm for all of the layers, so I paired it with my favourite denim skirt for a denim on denim look, which I still love, and a white ruffle trimmed tee that I've been wearing a lot lately for layering.  I bought this Feel The Piece striped top during the shopbop sale and it would go perfectly with this jacket, but I actually think it might be too cold tomorrow.  I might actually get to wear that turtleneck after all.  Hopefully it won't be raining and we can shoot some pictures!

Hope everyone's keeping warm!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment