Wednesday, March 1, 2017

the slip dress



 {Free People Kendall Trapeze Slip Dress (also here - save up to 25% with code GOBIG17!);
Free People Kimono (old, love these);
Schutz Gloria Tall Gladiator Sandals (similar here and here; shorter style here);
Urban Outfitters Fedora (similar here - save up to 25% with code GOBIG17!);
Prada Sunglasses (also here - save up to 25% with code GOBIG17!)}

I've been looking for a slip dress for a while now since I sold my favourite one since I could no longer fit into it *insert crying emoji* and I finally found the perfect one in this Free People Kendall Trapeze Slip Dress.  It's airy so no worries of it ever being too tight ha.  I was mostly happy about the fact that it's not too long on me with me being so petite.  Slip dresses are perfect for layering all year long - over a t-shirt for a casual look, over a button-down for a more dressed-up look, layered under a cardigan and paired with boot(ie)s for cooler weather, or even worn on its own when it's hot out.  I was going to style this slip dress with this bomber cardigan I bought recently but it's been really warm lately so I styled it with a Free People kimono I bought a couple (few?) years ago.

Shopbop's big spring sale (save up to 25% off) started the other day and ends Saturday.  My package arrives tomorrow and it feels like Christmas ha!  I just noticed a pair of jeans I purchased are already sold out so things are going quick!  Now is the perfect time to get those key spring pieces that are missing or need updating in your closet - a denim jacket (I own this MSGM one and am obsessed), a pair of light-coloured jeans, a pair of white jeans, a pair of mules, a pair of sandals, a pair of sunglasses, a bag in a pretty hue...

Happy shopping!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment