Thursday, July 25, 2013

stripes & florals (again)

 
{top: Tibi; shorts: GAP (sold out online, bought in-store); sunglasses: MBMJ;
espadrilles: MICHAEL Michael Kors (sold out online, orange version here); 
bracelet: J.Crew (similar), H&M (bought in-store); hat: Roxy (similar)}

I love a great sale.  I used to be a bargain shopper in college.  My friends were always so impressed with my skills.  My closet consisted of items ranging from $5 to $25.  I would basically only shop at outlets in Toronto.  Oh, how things have changed.  Now, I hardly buy anything on sale.  My problem used to be that I would buy things just because they were on sale.  Now I'm more cautious.  (I'm also usually too excited for the brand spanking new items that come out.  I've already been looking at fall pieces.  I love fall fashion so much.  I'm anxiously awaiting my September issues (InStyle, Glamour...) and, of course, Vogue.)  Anyway, my process now when it comes to sales is to only buy items I was previously eyeing at regular price.  Or if I come across a pair of Valentino shoes at 50% off.  Usually anything Marc by Marc Jacobs on sale I scoop up, no question.  My recent score was a beautiful MBMJ sweater, an MBMJ tee and this Tibi top.  With the price I paid, I basically got the tee and this top for free.  That, my fashion friends, never gets old.

A couple snaps from my Instagram today... follow me @marikachi!


No comments:

Post a Comment