Monday, April 17, 2017

folk dress

Brixton Dalila Hat (this colour sold out, dark brown here);

Hope everyone had a great spring break and Easter weekend!  We were in Orlando last week and just chilled by the pool at a resort for 4 days.  We were going to take a little trip one day to West Palm Beach, but we were enjoying relaxing so much we did not want to spend another minute in a car, let alone for 2 hours.  Next time.  I was looking forward to doing some shopping in West Palm Beach, but on our way home I discovered the Mall at Millenia.  That mall surely made up for it.  I've been to Florida a handful of times in the past few years and have never been because I never knew it even existed (!).  (My hubby is thankful about that, ha.)  It's an upscale mall with Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Gucci, Chanel, etc. and I was in heaven.  I tried the Gucci mules I was talking about here.  They're even more beautiful in person.  They feel super comfortable and fit TTS.  I'm leaning toward the rose-print ones if I do purchase a pair, but hesitated/am hesitating because most days I spend wearing sneakers or am barefoot at the beach.

Speaking of the beach, I wore this Spell & The Gypsy Kombi Folk Dress to the beach the evening before we left for Florida, but I wish I had saved it for our trip.  (You can see a few of the pieces I packed for our trip on my Instagram here).  It is easily the most comfortable dress I have ever owned.  It would have been great for one of our evening trips to Disney Springs.  The material is so light and airy.  I love the loose sleeves and especially love the open back with the hanging tassels, which is that Spell touch.  The colour is beautiful.  (It also comes in lavender, but it's almost sold out.  I also ordered the Kombi Flutter Dress, but unfortunately it was too long on me.  It also comes in a sundress.) 

I love that you can just slip this Spell dress on and go.  It works as a casual dress for shopping or the beach and because of the beautiful print (which is an original Spell hand-drawn print) and details, it works for brunch or dinner.  This beautiful midi dress is more of a maxi dress on me, so rather than pairing it with flat sandals (if I could, I would pair them with my Adidas slides), I paired it with brown MICHAEL Michael Kors wedge sandals (not shown; I also think these Joie lace up sandals or these Sam Edelman strappy wedge sandals would look amazing).  Since it was later in the day, rather than throw on my go-to sun hat, I opted for a floppy wool hat.

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment