Tuesday, October 20, 2020

tulle skirt

 





Hope everyone had a great weekend!  We went to our 'spot' where the kids ride their rollerblades/scooters on Friday night and I wore this gorgeous tulle skirt from Anthropologie.  I have wanted a tulle skirt for years but have never purchased one because I was nervous about looking too childish because I'm so petite, but also just that they're too fancy.  But when I came across this beautiful tulle skirt on the Anthropologie site, I was immediately drawn in by the beautiful sky blue colour (and the fact that it was a 'midi' skirt) and could not resist ordering it.  (It also comes in a rose colour.)  The void of never owning a tulle skirt has been filled.  As soon as I tried it on, I fell in love!  I originally had planned on pairing this skirt with a pair of black ankle boots (I purchased these Dolce Vita Chelsea Boots, which are so comfortable!), but I decided to throw on my white Vans since we weren't really going anywhere.  Plus, it's still quite hot here in Florida.
 
I love this skirt so much that I've already been thinking of other ways to wear it.  I paired it with a beige lightweight knit top, but I also think this skirt will look great with other blues like this navy sweater from ASOS, this baby blue Free People Cashmere Pullover and this light blue ZARA Mock Neck Knit Sweater.  I'm also thinking of pairing it with a simple white tee and this blue ZARA Oversized Wool Blend Cardigan, which I ordered (love the balloon sleeves!).  For when it's chilly, I'm thinking of pairing it with a simple gray knit turtleneck sweater (or the Free People Cashmere Pullover, mentioned above, which also comes in gray.)  Wearing a simple black knit sweater, paired with black ankle boots, will make the skirt pop.  I'm also thinking it will look great dressed up for the holidays with this MINKPINK Ruffle Knit Sweater.  The options are endless!

Now that I got a taste of tulle, I want more!  Here are some other tulle skirts I'm coveting:

Lace & Beads Tulle Midi Skirt (a simple white one)

Happy (tulle) shopping!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment