Thursday, December 31, 2020

oversized thermal & velvet jeans




 
 
 
 
 
Wow, I can't believe it's finally the last day of 2020!  It's been a tough year for most, sadly really tough for a lot of people.  Our year was extra stressful with a move (transfer) from South Carolina to Florida, but I feel so grateful my family is healthy and living closer to a beach definitely doesn't hurt.  Not a lot can clear your mind and help you relax more than a trip to the beach.  I'm very hopeful and excited for 2021!  Not that everything will go back to normal immediately, but there's something about the start of a new year that is always exciting.

Back in 2016 in Myrtle Beach (a place where we thought we would live forever and have now moved twice, which is proof that you never know what the year will bring!), I finished off the year in a velvet cut-out shoulder sweater.  This year, it's in these amazingly comfortable AG High-Rise Velvet Skinny Jeans.  I've always been a big fan of velvet!  (The other day I was channeling my inner George Costanza and rocking head-to-toe velvet, which I posted on Instagram.)  Keeping comfort in mind, I paired the velvet jeans with a thermal top from Free People, which is available in 5 other colours.  It's very oversized so you definitely have to wear something underneath.  I hate wearing bras but this FP One Adella Bralette is very comfortable to wear.  Plus, it's available in 19 colours and is so pretty that you want to show it off!
 
When I came across the AG velvet jeans on the Anthropologie site, the model was also wearing these Dolce Vita Prym Lace-Up Boots.  I was looking for a light-coloured pair of boots at the time so I purchased them as well.  They are so comfy!  I usually am not a fan of anything you have to lace up, I prefer to just slip on and go, but these boots have zippers on the side so they're super quick to slip on!

Unfortunately, the exact velvet jeans I'm wearing are almost sold out (they may be available at your local Anthropologie store), but I linked other options below!
 
Free People Just Float On Velvet Flare Jeans, which are available in 7 colours!
 Old Navy Velvet Jeans, which are only $30!

Happy shopping and happy new year!!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment