Tuesday, December 1, 2020

plaid for the holidays


 
 

AGOLDE Sophie High Rise Crop Jeans (similar here and here)
Dolce Vita Boots (similar here)

Happy first day of December!  This is my favourite time of the year.  I love the holidays.  I love decorating for Christmas.  I hate cold weather but I loved seeing snow on Christmas morning growing up in Canada, although it seemed rare.  I never get sick of the decorations so I start decorating early.  We have a fake tree so that helps.  Now that we live in the States, our decorating starts the day after Thanksgiving.  The cozy sweaters come out, but so does the plaid.  I love to wear plaid for fall, but come winter, I go all out with plaid - decorating with cozy plaid throws and even use plaid wrapping paper for Christmas presents!

I've loved plaid for as long as I can remember (as seen on the blog here, here and here, for example), but I was drawn to this Free People dress because of the exaggerated sleeves!  It also just looked effortless, which I can confirm it is.  The material is so comfy.  It's oversized, which I like because you can move around in it.  I kept it casual with a pair of Vans.  It also looks great with a belt if you want to dress it up a bit more.  Just add a pair of boots!  It originally only came in two colours so I chose the navy since I chose the top in the 'blush combo'.  Then Free People added two additional colours in the dress!  I'm bummed I missed out on my size in the 'wild raspberry combo'.  This dress is that comfy that I would have ordered another one.
 
This Free People top is the same material, but only comes in the original two colours.  It's so comfy.  I paired it with skinny jeans and a pair of Dolce Vita ankle boots.  This top is now on sale!  Throw on a cozy cardigan for extra warmth.

 Some other plaid items I'm coveting:
 
I'm obsessing over this Free People maxi skirt, which unfortunately would be too long on me
Free People PDX Set (love a sweater set!)

Happy shopping!
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment